Express Yourself Costume Hire Ltd
Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions on which we do business for goods ordered at our shop or remotely. If you contract with us as a consumer these conditions do not affect your statutory rights. They are designed to set out clearly our responsibilities and your rights.
We only undertake business according to these terms and conditions and those set out on the Express Yourself Costume Hire Terms and Conditions expressed on our Invoices.
General Terms and Conditions of Sale:
 These are the only terms and conditions upon which we agree to contract with you for goods ordered online and no alteration of these terms and conditions shall be valid unless previously agreed in writing.
 A contract is formed between us when (and not before) we receive full payment. Your order will not be accepted until we receive payment via cash, Credit/Debit card or BACS.
 Before any contract is formed, any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any literature, website based information, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by us shall be subject to correction without any liability on our part.
 All images are for illustration only. No images or illustrations contained in our web site, social media, any form of advertising or provided in any way shall be deemed to form part of the contract but are for general information and guidance only.
 The (total) price of the ordered goods shall be as set out in the invoice and includes value added tax (if applicable).
 If any ordered goods are not readily available to us, we reserve the right to withdraw our acceptance of your order for such goods and to refund in full any payment you have made for them. For the avoidance of doubt other goods ordered by you will be despatched in the normal way.
 We warrant that, at the time of delivery, the ordered goods will, subject as hereinafter provided, correspond with the description on this website, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship and will be of satisfactory quality (within the meaning of the Consumer Rights Act 2015). There may, however, be minor variations between the goods as shown or described on our website and those provided to you (but so that the goods despatched will always be of a comparable or superior quality).
 Unless otherwise notified to you by us, our returns policy is as follows. If you are not entirely satisfied with any ordered goods, we will refund your payment for such goods subject to (a) you notifying us that you wish to return the goods within 1 working day of delivery to you. our receiving the goods back unused and in an undamaged condition.
 We shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow our instruction (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the ordered goods without our approval.
 Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law or under these terms and conditions, for any special, indirect or consequential damage.
 Subject as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, and except where the ordered goods are sold to you contracting as a consumer (within the meaning of the Consumer Rights Act 2015), all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
 In respect to any contract entered into between us, no other party shall have the right under the Consumer Contracts Regulations to enforce any term of the contract but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
 Any communication between us shall be by e-mail or first class post to our current e-mail or postal address (as given on this website at the time of such communication) or the e-mail or postal address given in your order form (or any new e-mail or postal address which you may have notified to us).
 We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time but, in respect of any ordered goods, the terms and conditions which apply shall be those which you accepted when you placed your order.
 If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
 The contract formed by our acceptance of your order shall be governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Promotions, special offers and competitions:
Product prices are correct at time of press. Express Yourself Costume Hire Ltd reserves the right to change prices and descriptions without notice.
Express Yourself Costume Hire Ltd also reserves the right to amend or withdraw promotions and competitions at any time without notice. A specific offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. E&OE.
From time to time Express Yourself Costume Hire Ltd will publish promotional discounts on specific products or a product selection.
Published promotional codes are available only whilst stocks last. These offers exclude related items and accessories which may be linked to another product.
1) Express Yourself Costume Hire will receive any order only when confirmed in writing by email or post.
2) Postal hire must be paid in full prior to despatch.
3) Express Yourself Costume Hire will invoice for the costume hire including packing and delivery cost. The cost and responsibility of return of the costume is entirely that of the customer.
4) All costumes must be returned to and received by Express Yourself Costume Hire by the agreed day or additional hire fees will fall due and in addition the replacement cost of that or those costumes if not returned as set out on the invoice Terms and Conditions.
5) The ordered goods will be delivered to the address supplied by the customer. If the customer fails to take delivery of the ordered goods and they are returned to us, we will contact you. The hire charge will still be due.
6) Costumes will be inspected upon delivery back to Express Yourself and any defects or damage if found will be reported back to the customer within three working days of receipt.
7) These Postal Hire Terms and Conditions are to be read as in conjunction with all the Express Yourself published Terms including those at the bottom of the company invoices.
General Costume Hire Invoice Terms and Conditions of Hire:
1) All costumes, accessories and props hired remain the property of Express Yourself Costume Hire at all times.
2) The due back date will be written on the invoice.
3) A returnable deposit will be required upon the booking of any costume. Deposit charges are non-returnable if cancellation is less than 2 weeks before the hire date.
4) All or part of the returnable deposit will be forfeited if the costume is returned:- a) unreasonably damaged (b) unreasonably dirty or stained
5) If a costume is not returned by the ‘due back date’ as stated on the invoice, a £5 per day charge will be levied for each costume or in the case of parts of costumes or accessories-only hired, then for each invoice of outstanding item or items. After 15 days overdue the deposit will also be charged. The said hired costume remains the property of Express Yourself Costume Hire and the replacement value of the costume will fall due once the 15 days is up in addition to the charges set out above.
6) The full cost of replacement of a costume may be charged if it is damaged beyond repair.
7) Lost or non-returned items will be charged at the current replacement price.
8) The hirer shall take full responsibility for costumes lost or damaged whilst in their care.
9) Proof of identity may be required.
10) No unauthorised alterations to a costume may be made.
Event Games and Off Site Event Hired Equipment Terms:
1) All event equipment is hired entirely at the owners risk.
2) In the event of weather conditions being unsafe in the opinion of Express Yourself then we reserve the right not to hire the equipment out despite a booking being made and paid for. In this event a full refund will be made.
3) A deposit is payable to secure any booking. A booking is not made without a deposit being paid.
4) Deposits are non refundable unless the booking is cancelled at least 18 days prior to the event.
5) At least one week prior to the hire day/s full payment must be made. Delivery will not take place without full payment having been received and cleared.
6) All equipment is the responsibility of the hirer/customer once delivered. Any damage incurred whilst in the care of the hirer is chargeable. If damage costs are less than the deposit paid then costs will be subtracted from the deposit before refund. If any repair costs are higher than the deposit received then separate charges will be due and invoiced or taken directly from the credit/debit card details provided.
7) Any equipment or parts of equipment lost or stolen must be paid for by the hirer/customer. Costs are at the reasonable estimate or actual cost of Express Yourself.
8) Hire times/periods/ delivery times and pick up times will be written on the invoice a copy of which will be given or sent to the customer.
9) Any games or equipment which are supervised on the customer’s site by Express Yourself are monitored at the sole discretion of Express Yourself staff.
10) There must be a representative of the hirer/customer on site to meet the Express Yourself operative to accept delivery of equipment and sign the relevant paperwork/declaration of receipt.
11) A deposit once paid is a declaration of the acceptance of the Express Yourself Costume Hire Terms and Conditions.